The purpose of this article is to share with you some powerful books that have helped me to grow into a happier and healthier person. Change comes from action. Action can come from knowledge. Thus, when we learn more and become more knowledgeable, we can equip ourselves with the tools to change our behavior and life in a positive way.
Ultimately, these books are centered around changing our own life so that we can not only improve our happiness and reach greater levels of fulfillment, but also so that this knowledge and these tools can be spread to those around us. I have included unique books so that it is more likely that these are ones that you haven’t read before.
Each book is linked to Amazon so that you can read more about the books to decide if you’d like to read the book. My hope is that these books inspire you and provide you with more happiness and fulfillment in your life.
1. The Motivation Manifesto: 9 Declarations to Claim Your Personal Power by Brandon Burchard: Paulo Coelho, the author of The Alchemist, sums up The Motivation Manifesto beautifully by stating that “it is a poetic and powerful call to reclaim our lives and find our own personal freedom. It’s a triumphant work that transcends the title, lifting the reader from mere motivation into a soaringly purposeful and meaningful life. I love this book.”
3. Gene Keys: Unlocking The Higher Purpose Hidden in Your DNA by Richard Rudd: There is no other book out there like the Gene Keys. The author draws in concepts and scientific understandings from neuroscience, anatomy, physiology, quantum physics, all religions, the power of belief, the I-Ching and astrology to show how the gene keys are “an inner language designed to transform our core beliefs about ourselves and raise us to a higher level of awareness.” A truly mind-opening and transformational book.
5. Don’t Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle: How To Break Free of Negativity and Drama by Doreen Virtue: Doreen lays out the foundation in helping us to remove drama and negativity from our lives and more importantly, offers us practical solutions to do so. A great book for anyone in a relationship, getting over one, looking for one or for someone who is single. This book helps us to change our lives in a way that helps us to holistically manage stress and remove the negative drama from our lives.
8. The Complete Artist’s Way: Creativity as a Spiritual Practice by Julia Cameron: This is an international best-seller and offers us techniques and insight to create a life that removes blocks that affect every aspect of our life. The result is the free flow of creativity to uplift and transform our life.
9. You Are The Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza: This wonderful book combines the latest research in neuroscience, biology, psychology, hypnosis, behavioral conditioning, and quantum physics to demystify the workings of the placebo effect, which shows how the “seemingly impossible can become possible.”
14. Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership by Joseph Jaworski: “Synchronicity is an inspirational guide to developing the most essential leadership capacity for our time: the ability to collectively shape our future.” Great for anyone, including all types of leaders and those in leadership positions.
15. Resilience From The Heart: The Power To Thrive In Life’s Extremes by Dr. Gregg Braden: A great book to help us adapt and manage everyday stress in our personal lives and in our social lives. It features material on the surprising discovery of brain-like cells—sensory neurites—located within the human heart, and the role they play in creating personal resilience.
What are your thoughts on this list? Which ones do you feel most inspired to read? Are there friends or family members you can share this list with to inspire them to create an even better life?
Lance Schuttler graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in Health Science-Health Coaching and offers health coaching services through his website Orgonlight Health. You can follow the Orgonlight Health Facebook page or visit the website for more information on how to receive health coaching for yourself, your friend or family member as well as view other inspiring articles.